Sunday, February 08, 2004

Temptations

I can resist anything except temptations.” ~Oscar Wilde~

Well said. Heh. It won’t be much of a temptation if you can suppress and resist it so easily. It’s a bit like the word “obvious”. An oxy moron. If something is obvious, why would you need a word to describe it? To point out that it is in deed obvious? The obvious need no description, needs no pointing out and therefore needs no adjective.

And so temptation can never be resisted. Those which can don’t qualify as temptations at all.

Sheila would know. *Sniggers* that woman bought so much the other day when I went out with her. To think she told me straight after we met up that she needs to cut down on her spending. Heh, guess the calling of shopping proved to be too great.

We kinda ended up in Marina Mall later on during the day. Bumped into Roy Ang there. Spent most of the time inside Sasa.

Elp! Arh Fink Ah Ose Arst Eeied. Really! I did think that my nose died that afternoon. If I were to stay a lil while longer, I’m sure it’ll simply fall off in sheer terror. Heh. Spent quite a while inside the perfume shop. Sampled everything from Ck one to Lolita Lempicka. Haha several smell stuck, there was one smelling like turtle wax, another smelling too jasmine-y (like the altar), another smelt too strong of sandal wood, and there was one which smelt too sweet, exactly like glacier cherry. Moschino’s Cheap and Chic smelt plain… cheap. Heh.

Anyway, now I’m stuck between three fragrances. Davidoff Echo, Calvin Klein One and Rykiel Homme by Sonia Rykiel. Been thinking about it for quite a while. Think I’ll most probably get Rykiel Homme. It smells sweet and crisp at the same time. And the light sweetness kinda lingers, making one wants to take a second whiff. It sorta rolls in one’s nose, making it hard to pin point the smell. It’s a bit hard to grasp, a bit intangible. And I like that. Plus it comes in a big nice purple box. I like purple. Two bonus points!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home