Sunday, October 19, 2003

Absolute Croatian Brilliance

Yep, you guessed it. This is going to be about Maksim. Remember how I won two tickets to his showcase at Embassy? I’m so glad I went ahead for it. It was easily worth swopping two duties for one. Trust me, when you’ve seen his finger fly across the ivories, you’ll be dazzled too. I still am, two days after the showcase. He performed five numbers. Flight of the bumblebee, Grieg’s concerto in A minor, Claudine (I think.), Exodus and Cubanna. For the encore, he played the original version of the Flight of the bumblebee.

By the time he was through with the first piece, I was a convert. You guys know me, classical music and piano isn’t really my cup of tea. Even for this new “techno-classical” novelty, my skepticism was like… *points to neck* this high. Rock and jazz’s more of my kinda music. Maksim thoroughly blew me away that night. His hands? They were literally a blur, really! Any faster, and you’ll think that the keys are moving on their own even before he touched them. By the time he was thru, those hands were a livid red. It was so obvious at our distant of about ten meters. Talk about intensity, go figure! And the way he gazed into the air when he was playing, it’s as though he was in a world of his own, a world with just him and his piano. Thoroughly enjoyed myself helps that we got a good place, standing space but good nonetheless. (Sorry Christine, I thought you’ll be late, so I turned up even later.)

Hmmm, Maksim exudes a certain kind of sexiness. (No! I’m not gay!) You know how when people gets so good at something? There’s like a stage beyond being an expert at something. He need not be smart, he need not be good looking, but when he’s so good at something he does, he exudes certain brilliance. It is precisely this brilliance that has such an androgynous appeal. Maksim’s has this brilliance, plus bonus points for his boyish charms. Hahaha. For those who missed their chance to see him live in action? EAT YER HEARTS OUT!

Talk about spirit fingers!

Marriage

Hee. No, not contemplating that yet. Just heard a couple arguing the other day. You know about how some people craves a huge mega wedding? Well, this lady was sulking to her boyfriend about how she wanted a huge extravagant event. You know, “Whine whine whine whine…it’s once in a lifetime dear…Whine whine whine.” *rolls eyes* The guy? He just asked a simple question, “Do you want a perfect wedding? Or a perfect marriage?”

Hmmm. Rather insightful eh? How often have we been so obsessed with appearance and “packaging” that we neglect the real meaning of things we do? A perfect marriage goes beyond a “perfect” wedding. Somehow, being the not so religious kind of guy, it seems to be that a wedding’s just for show. No, it’s not obsolete; it is a ceremony (nothing more) that marks the promise between two to love and to treasure. But does the magnitude of its grandeur really matters? Hmmm, does a mega wedding shows you’ve a mega doting husband? To a certain extent it does, but like I said, the word here is SHOW. It’s just a ceremony. Takes more to make a marriage work.

I’m sure all of us have some fantasies about our dream wedding. Some will like it on a beach with little white ghettos *snigger snigger*, me? Mine’s very “Fools Rush In” inspired. On top of a canyon, with just families and friends. That’s my perfect wedding. How about you? Given any thoughts to it? No harm to have a little fantasy and working towards it, but guess sometimes we’ll have to make do with a simple one. Must make sure that we do not lose sight of the bigger picture, like people have always said. Spend within your means; unnecessary pomp and frivolities will just cause such a strain emotionally and financially. Can be hard to recover from such setbacks.

Okok, so I made up the above scenario, sue me. Just wanted to put down this line of thought. Funny stuff I think of at times.

Shallow Dimwits.

I apologize to any fans of The Bachelor before I say what I want to. I think the show is freakin big time lame ass shit.

All these while, I’ve always been neutral to the show. More incline to being negative at times but generally still neutral.

The other day, I was channel surfing when I heard this gal crying to the camera complaining about how others are spreading malicious rumors behind her back. Apparently, she’s a hot fave of that certain Firestone guy. Her remark, which really set me off? “How can they do that to me? whine whine whimper whimper It’s so shallow!”

Sheesh! You’re in THE bachelor. You’re supposed to be shallow! Hahah seriously, true love? There? Impossible! I didn’t know to laugh or to be angry (at her stupidity). That remark at that precise moment? It was simply too much. I just had to write something down abt it. Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home