Saturday, March 06, 2004

Happy Happy Birthday To Mike!!!

Woah, the past weekend has proved to be quite a whirlwind of events. Celebrated my 21st birthday. Am still in awe of everything that happened and everyone who turned up. Held a bbq at East Coast Costa Sands Resort.. Got a great sea view unit, trust me, I had no time at all to appreciate the scenery. That weekend fell on my alert manning period. Meaning I was on standby and could be recalled any moment. BUT I wasn’t! Guess my luck held out after all. Hmmm seems that I’ve always been lucky nearing/ during my bday. Got back most of my important results nearing my bday. PSLE, “O” levels, “A” levels. Hmmm. So far I haven’t been disappointed. They were not that fantastic, nor were they dreadful. Hee. Anyway, I digressed.

Preparation for the weekend was C-R-A-Z-Y. Shopping, food preparation, sending out of invites, making multiple plans in case I got activated etc etc. Phew. Thank goodness for some lovely people who helped.

It was great seeing everybody again, people whom I’ve spent my childhood with, people who meant something to me. Quite a healthy turn out. Around thirty plus people came. From camp, the lads- Gabriel, Elvin, Francis, Png, Koh, Andy, Quek and Kk came. From A21, Ming, Andrea, Peishan, Shuhui, Sam, Christine, Pearly, Lixin, Liyi, Yanmei, Kings, Siewli, Felicia (with Richardo in tow), Joce, Sandra, Benedict and Yifang came. From RVHS? Chufang (never knew she was Estrella), Huiqing, Lingzhi, ChengMei and Junhui joined us. Oh Michelle from my Jjc OG came too! Guess who really made my day? SHEILA!!!! That woman came after all! (Was scaring me that she wouldn’t). So glad to see her. Meant a lot to me that she actually came. So nice of her. So I was nice too and saved a huge chunk of cake for her. Yes. The word here is chunk. It was from Sweet Secrets. Uber sweet and sticky. Absolutely sinful and heavenly! By the time Ming and Joce finished helping me cut it up, it was a total mess. Haha trust me, an extremely divine mess. Think I need to hit the gym soon. Guess who collected it for me? Sandra mei! Thanks sis! You’ve been a great help. I know three kg was a bit too much for you. Haha. Thanks again! Hope your arms aren’t sore anymore!

Fel brought her bf along. Richardo. Nice guy! Very charismatic, magnetic personality. *Gives fel two thumbs up* You go gal! Speaking of magnetic personality, think Charles and Gabriel’s quite attracted to Yifang. Heh heh! Elvin thinks Pearly’s the prettiest. HEY MAN! Can’t you see THE boyfriend? Haha! AND please lay off guys! Doesn’t mean that I HAVE TO BE attached just because I know so many girls. Quit teasing before you irritate the hell out of me, I’m sure you wanna keep your teeth don’t you?

Nobody stayed over which was fine with me. Understand that It’s real awkward and some have activities the next morning. Doesn’t matter really. By the time I was done clearing up, it was like three in the morning. Slept like a pig after unwrapping the pressies and washing up.

Really happy that so many came. Sounds cliché but really felt loved. Haha great seeing all of them again. It’s been so hard to have everyone gather under the same roof. Guess the weekend was a great opportunity for that to happen. Am very happy. Was totally bushed. But guess the energy from seeing all of them again sorta drove me on for the evening! Haha. Am especially glad that people who usually wouldn’t turn up for class gatherings turned up too. People like Andrea, Fel and Lim. So glad they came!

It’s been a week already. Am still buzzing from the high! Hee. After glow my dear… after glow…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home