Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Surprise

I never ceased to be surprised by some of my friends. Just when you thought they’ve forgotten about you. They do the littlest things that make your day.

PEANUT!!! You still checked back?!?! *in awe* Thanks dearie!

Players

Am I a man with many faces? The mask I wear is one.”

Had a talk with Nick and Bren at clementi macs just now. Loves such talks. It helps me peer into the inner beings of my friends, help me see their pain, their happiness and helps me see…. Them.

I’ve never shun away from such conversations. Like I told them and many of my friends, “One should be in touch with his or her inadequacies.” Laying them out on the table for people to see makes life a bit more bearable. I mean if you’re at peace with yourself, nothing else will be a hurdle. It makes your step lighter. It makes your enemies less able to spring a surprise on you.

I used to say that power is “holding other’s fears in your hands and showing it to them.” I still stand by that statement now. Guess it helps if you wear your fears openly on your sleeves. If you’re fine with that, no one can throw a curve ball at you anymore.

Been thinking about dinner just now, am really glad we had that talk. I guess… it sort of gives them an insight as to the wreck I am. Heh. Something different from the usual crappy ole me. I can’t help but be reminded of Sandra, Sheila and Peanut. They’re the few rare people who know that I am capable of having a serious side. They know that it’s not all about funnies and not all about lame jokes. And perhaps that’s why I hold them closest to my heart.


I don’t know what I want, but I’m beginning to think I might want her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home