Saturday, December 13, 2003

The World Came Crashing

Yeowch! Guess what? I was outside my office with my buddy David and our boss Andy doing fatigue duty when…. An entire palm frond fell on my head. Damn painful I tell you, and the tree was an old tree that was at least a good 6 stories tall. Can you imagine the height? The tree so huge that you can barely hug it… Can you imagine the size of the frond? I can’t believe how unlucky I am! Three person, walking to and fro under the palm tree countless times the entire day and it had to land on ME.

According to my boss, he saw it falling and hollered at me. And I just stood there like an idiot instead of diving for cover. Hey, can’t blame me right? How often does palm fronds fall? On people’s head at that! But I swear I heard it coming. The swishing and swooshing of the leaves as it came down. All I could do was brace for impact by tensing and trying to tuck my head in. Haiz. Think I got some small cuts cos it stung when I shampooed my hair that evening.

Bala was teasing me non-stop. It was only a few weeks back when a bird decided to dump its load on me. The two of us were walking back to camp when I was poo-ed. Yup and it wasn’t the usual kind. It was the runny, watery kind. And there was A LOT! Picture bird poo running down from my shirt onto my jeans. There you have it. Bird poo on mike. Totally unimaginable. I have someone else beside me and the bird have eyes for me only! Damn! Maybe I’m really a nature magnet like JH said.

Anyway, what Bala said was…. “Bird shit? One in a thousand. Palm frond? One in two thousand. Palm frond AFTER bird shit? One of a kind….”

I hate him sometimes. :)

Fel said that maybe God was trying to get my attention. I dunno man. That statement kinda stuck… had a good long talk with Sandra. She kinda agreed that it was too much of a coincidence and mentioned maybe I should try going for service soon. Fel mentioned that now’s a good time to start because many churches have Xmas programs lined up to cater to non-Christians. Bad as it might sound, I turned down quite some invitations. Melvin and Fel both asked me to go for the City Harvest Drama production. Mrs. Tan asked me to join her for service. Ivy asked me over for her church’s morning service and then lunch on Xmas day. All of these, I turned down. Some I can’t make it due to camp commitments, others… Well it just didn’t feel right.

Nonetheless, I’m very grateful that these people asked. Always good to know that you’re on the mind of others during this festive season. Really appreciate you guys.

I’m not very into church activity. Like Sandra mei said. It’s not that I’m not religious, for me, it’s a question as to which God it is. We were talking abt this issue when I finally arrived at the answer.

I’m just scared.

I’m just scared that if I go more often. He might reveal himself to me as The One. And I don’t think I can deal with that… it’s like…. I’m the eldest and there’s… there’s some filial duties expected of me. *Touch wood touch wood*

It’s like… Argh! We are talking about more than just me here. I know how they say that you have to be true to your own heart, let’s face it, wanting to do that is one issue; actually going about doing that is another. How often in REAL life can we do that?

Another thing brought up was that if He should the one. I can salvage my family members by directing them to him. Sigh, why is it that it is so hard for them to see that others may be just as steadfast in their religion? I dunno… I’m just scared, confused and puzzled.

It is just not possible for me to pour and give my undying devotion to God just like that, in a snap, instantaneously. All I can say is…. Give me more time. Please.

Weird? Not!

I think….
1) French fries and Vanilla ice cream goes well together
2) Bbq sauce and Fillet O Fish is heavenly

So quit staring and try. You’re missing out on a lot.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home