Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Noodles At Three

Was talking online with Fel the other day, all the way till around one in the morning. Went on to bed…. Slept till around three when I got up suddenly. Everything was just a blur.

Can you believe it? Slept for only two hours and I got up to cook instant noodles. Only woke up entirely after the noodle was done. What to do? Eat lah! So sat in front of the TV and started channel surfing. Channel five was showing Touched By An Angel. That episode was about Death or something.

The three angels were organizing a cell group, which they opened to the public. Ran an ad in the papers, which went “Are you ready? Are you accountable for the last day of your life?”

Somehow that statement stuck, was pondering over it all the while the show was on. I was just sitting there thinking, not paying attention to the TV at all. Wasn’t long before I fell asleep though, left the noodles untouched. Woke up at five again to clear up before going back to camp.

Kinda creepy know… it’s like I was yanked straight out of bed and forced to think abt such stuff at two in the morning. If you asked me, it has to be more than a coincidence. I dunno, it’s like I’m not trying to religious-ize everything. But all these events (bird poo, noodles and palm frond)? It’s kinda scary.

What’s the big guy up there trying to tell me? Is it a hint that I should sit down and think about my life? Is my time due? Rather perturbing with my back and more (they did a check up on us recently and… let’s just say that something is not good)

See! Ignorance is bliss! Now I’m getting all paranoid.

Haiz then again, maybe it is a chance to reflect on myself and think about what’s to come. Maybe He’s telling me that I can’t go on hearing only what I WANT to, maybe He’s telling me that I can’t just luff everything off. Maybe He dropped all those stuff on my head to wake me up, to ask me to be more serious.

Maybe… Just maybe… I’m dying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home