Saturday, January 24, 2004

Monkey Business

Ah… the year of the monkey is finally upon us. Really like the Chinese New Year, there’s lots of food, lots to drink, lots of junk food and lotsa friends and relatives to catch up with.

There’s so much cleaning to do leading up to the lunar new year. Re-varnished all the doors in the house! Was rather fun, ok maybe not fun, but I really din find it a chore. Have always enjoyed doing craftwork or just anything where I can use my hands. Rather therapeutic, just sitting there, hours on end, concentrating on something. Totally ignoring others.

The first day of the lunar new year was rather laid back. Just visited the two gran’s. Had a blast with my cousins, just sitting there teasing and joking. Oh! Dawn, who saw Chengmei and me out the other day, commented that Chengmei’s pretty. Haha. Just sat there and totally pigged out. Need to hit the gym soon. Had tequila that night, everyone totally eased up and we had a blast.

The second day was intense man. Woke up bright and early to help mommy with the cooking and preparations. Our extended family get together every year and this year was our turn to be hosts. Haha… let’s just say that the Lim family is HUGE…

Our five rooms flat was packed to the brim! And for those who have been to my place, you guys know how big it is. It’s one of those extremely roomy old estates kinda flat. A few hours into the gathering, some of them had to chat out at the corridor. The kitchen was packed, my room turned into a playground for the toddlers. (Thank goodness no one barfed on my bed) The study room turned into a gambling den. Hiak hiak hiak.

It was good. Hectic, but good nonetheless.

I look old.

I must be! Really, so many people just handed out ang baos to my OLDER cousins beside me and just smiled at me.

Hee, not that I mind. It’s kinda cool in a way.

Flying Without Wings.

The teens/peers wanted to play black jack. And the adults were busy with their high stakes card games. So guessed who became the banker?

Yours truly.

And I lost. Ninety bucks in all. Just flew away like this. *snaps finger* Will have to survive on pineapple tarts for the rest of the month.

Sicko? Me?

Haha. Isit sick calling an older married woman a hottie?

Was talking to Felicia, about my cousin’s wife.

I think she’s a real babe! No! REALLY! Haha. My cousin’s around my dad’s age, it’s one of those complicated Bei4 Fen4 issue. Anyway, I grew up playing at my cousin’s place. So both families are real tight.

Anyway, married women should look up to her. She had twins and a daughter, three kids in all. But trust me on this when I say you couldn’t tell. Haha when she brings the kids out, people think she’s the elder sister. Think she looks only a lil over thirty.

Digress a bit here. Remember a few months/years back when Macdonald’s had an advertisement featuring lotsa twins? Well, her sons were in it. Haha.

Anyway, we were talking and suddenly she went to mommy asking if she can be my godma. *Boo hoo* so touched, for the first time in my life *sniffles sniffles* Someone actually like me. Muahahahaha.

Eh think she forgot abt it, I’m her cousin. Eh, so it was a no go. Oh well, *shrugs* just too bad. She kinda made me promised to only address her as sister. Haha.

Fel was rather crazy last night. Suggested that she (my “sister”) can always be my sugah mommy.

Bear-sized Eye Bags.

Met bear in the morning to collect the vodka from her. Been sitting in the bear cave for a long time, and mummy bear was nagging. So I went to get it from her. Lest mommy bear gets crossed with me. Anyway, Sandra looked tired.

Haha, passed Sandra her long over-dued Xmas present. It’s a Christian pop cd! Hope she likes it. Slipped a little ang pao in side too. Hee

Only remembered that I forgot to pay her after I came home. Bummer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home