Monday, July 12, 2004

Armageddon

Should Armageddon come tomorrow and should the world plunge into eternal gloom and darkness, fret not. Just visit the cosmetics and fragrance section of any large shopping mall. I’m not kidding. Have you noticed how brightly lit the cosmetics and fragrance section of a shopping mall is? There’s light coming out from everywhere. Countertops, advertisements panels, liquid crystal display units, crystals ornaments, even from beneath the counters.

Feels like you’re stepping into an operating theater without, of course, the metallic operating equipment. Everything is brightly lit, but not in the harsh “flood light” manner. Don’t you feel warm and happy when you step into the cosmetics and perfume section of the mall? Everything seems so clean and fresh… until you looked at the counter girls themselves.

All of them have this inch thick layer of make up on. All of them look really “Artificial”, isn’t make-up supposed to hide the flaws and accentuate the nice features? Why do they apply make up as if they’re trying to draw/create a brand new face for themselves? Every counter girl looks likewise, no matter what brand they’re promoting.

Except Anna Sui’s girls. Ironic as it may sound but their ladies look most natural. At least to me. Ironic because Sui’s the brand where all their advert features girls made up to look EXACTLY like porcelain dolls. With their perfectly straight bangs, pink blusher and all. But their sales ladies nowhere near their models. (Then again, it’ll be really creepy if they do. Reminds one of the jumpy Chinese vampire don’t they?)

Hmmm… Mysteries of the mall.

Celebrities Sludge Fest

First thing first. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. Rochor Rd Tau Huey, Carlsberg beer, KFC cheese fries (cold), Taiwan sausages (have I mentioned that they explode in toaster ovens?), lychees, Kaya toast and cheeseballs do not mix. (At one in the morning)

WRITE IT DOWN. You have been warned.

Ate all of those before I went to bed. Yes I know it sounds disgustingly piggy. Sounds so, but it sure felt good. Trust me on that. When he good boy get stressed (you know by what), the good boy throws caution and his diet (and health) to the wind and binge.

Naturally, it was a restless night. And yes. Our “favorite” weird dreams did follow not too far behind.

I’m sure many of you watched MTVs sometime in your life. Well, felt like I was watching two particularly low budgets locally produced MTVs that are copied from based on the US version (typical).

Andre D’cruz and Pierre-the-boy-toy Png were jiggling their butt to Justin Timberlake’s “Cry Me A River.” Except that in our case, being not very creative Singaporeans, the lyric was changed to that of “Gimme Your liver.”

And there was also a lady crooning to the tune of “Take My Breast Breath Away.” Except that it was a ditty for breast cancer awareness.

Hmmm. I suspect I have a brain tumor. The thing I think/dream of….

P.S…
The tau huey was delivered by Fel and Ric. So nice of them. They live in PASIR RIS whereas I live in JURONG. Go figure….
Cheese balls are my comfort food. Will chomp on em when I’m stressed. The last time I ate em? When I just got into Tekong….

I Wish I Wish I Wish

Fairy God Mama is good. Fairy God Mama is a great sport. Fairy God Mama came down to play pool with Crankymike at the last min notice. Fairy God Mama didn’t make one bit of noise nor did she grumble abt it.

Thanks for being such a pal.

Fairy God Mama ROCKS.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home