Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Sandra

I love my sister. Really I do. She’s just so marvelous. Musically talented. Good kid, good grades. Helps a lot that she’s so pretty too. *Grins* Mature and kiddy at the same time. Simply adorable.

Many people (esp. guys) will like her for different reasons. Maybe she’s so likeable because she seems so small, so vulnerable and in need of protection. Let me tell you, those punk heads can’t be more wrong. Sandra can survive in any situation you can throw at her. She can take perfect care of herself. Damn resourceful and quick thinking. That’s why she’s always pissed and annoyed at guys who tries to hit on her and treat her like a kid. She just isn’t one!

She always knows what to say at the right time and what should be said or unsaid. She’s the one who taught me the importance of being tactful. I have grown from someone who shoots my mouth off without consideration, some one who talks before thinking to someone who’s learned to be more restrained. And this is only one of the many lessons that I’ve gained ever since I’ve known her. I am so glad and grateful to the Highest Being (whoever/whichever it may be.) that I’ve had the chance to have a lovely sister like Sandra.

We nicknamed her Bear. Coincidently, that is so apt for her. Like a bear, Sandra is big. No! Not in the physical sense, on the contrary, she is rather petite. Instead, I refer to her heart. Her heart is huge and accommodating. Words seem to do injustice to her. Maybe, just maybe, she is really a little angel slotted into my life by the Big Guy up there. I just know, I am all so grateful that she has come into my life.

Many unhappy things have happened to me, and yet, good stuff happens too, to make my life more enriched and fulfilling. Maybe it really is in His grace that I should repeat a year in junior college, just so I can meet this angel of a sister.

She makes this wreck of a life more bearable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home