Monday, May 31, 2004

Clarke Quay.

Was a huge disappointment. It's deader than dead. Though there were many shops but they all sold the same crap. Think "Singapore is a Fine city" T-shirts, and merlion paraphernalia.... The toy models were a let down too. I think Chengmei was rather bored. I was! Haiz, Liang Court was no better.... Hang around long enuff and you might see tumbleweed roll across the mall. Goodness. The kino was a joke too. Poorly stocked, lousy service. The grouchy old aunties were less than helpful. *shakes head*

Walkabout

Headed to Ps and town after that. Went to Spotlight to check out some stuff. Isit me? or has it gotten smaller. It seems so.... lok kok now. Heh. Walked around a bit before having dinner at MacDonald House's Long John Silver. Boy, Chengmei can eat. Hahaha. The huge glass of ice tea din set her back at all. I couldn't finish mine!

Headed to Taka where we bumped into Chan Howe. Fifty bucks that he's thinking we're an item. Haiz. *shakes head* Went on to Kino where I bought a new book. "Me talk pretty one day" By David Sedaris. What got my attention was a comment on the back of the book, " A humorist par excellence, he can make Woody Allen appear ham-tongued, Oscar Wilde a drag..." Someone who can rival Wilde?!?!? I simply had to check him out. Been through half the book. He's funny alright. Poignant and cutting, but not as good as Wilde. Wilde is... in a class of his own. Anyway, he's gay. Found out towards the middle of the book. Quite distressed. Am a homophobic. Haha. But his stories are hilarious.

Saw another collection of Wilde's quotes. Think I'll get that when pay comes in. It's much more extensive/expensive. Hahaha. Here's where the twenty percent coupons comes in handy. I'm a cheapo, sue me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home