Sunday, August 10, 2003

I Want Someone To Lecture Me

Now.... Not you! Don't you dare start. Hahaha crazy title huh? Well, guess what inspired this entry? I was on my way bach home yesterday when I saw a couple at the Choa Chu Kang Mrt Station. Well they were just sitting on a ledge and the guy was twiddling his thumb and looking at the floor while the gal was... scolding him? She wasn't exactly yelling at him or making a din. In fact, i couldn't hear wat they were saying at all. She was just telling him off for something he did I'm sure.

Well, there's something in that exact moment that struck me. May be it's their expression, his of utter remorse and hers of extreme disappointment. You can almost feel how sorry the guy is for letting her down and how the gal is being so very patient and not putting him down , no matter how hurt she feels inside. Suddenly, I wanted someone to nag at me and scold me too. For when they do, it seems like a tangible form of concern and that even though we find them irritating, we're glad deep down knowing that people are watching out for you. I dunno, that scene was heartwarming in a way. Hopefully, I'll remember that when my baby (I don't have one presently) scolds me in the future, she is probably feeling as bad as I am. And that her ticking me off is a gesture of love and concern, remember Mike, don't let it turn into a scream fest, you always do when people yell at you.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home