Sunday, April 04, 2004

I Think…

I’m dying of a heart failure.

I swear that must be it. Caught “The Passion Of Christ” last night. So nice of Felicia to ask Sandra and me to go along. It’s been a while since I last saw the both of them. Last saw them at my bbq. ANYWAY, I’m kinda disturbed by the film. Nope. Not by the violence. Not by the bloodshed. Not by the gruesome details.

I’m disturbed I’m not in the least affected by it.

Honest.

Mei was pretty disturbed. If you ask me. She kinda missed like 1/3 of the movie. Hahaha. If you know what I mean. So was Andrea. But I just sat there watching everything unfold. The lashing. The lashing WITH bladed whips. The Guards pushing the crown of thorns into His head. The cruxification of Christ. All the squishing of blood and flesh. The forceful dislocation of Jesus shoulder etc etc.

I know I should be touched, or at least digested. But… I just sat there watching everything unfold. Calmly. Somehow…. I just don’t feel a thing. It’s like “Ok. Simon of Cyrene should be coming right abt now” “Oh so she’s the prostitute Christ saved from a public stoning” “Here’s where Christ will leave an imprint o his face after he’s done cleaning his face with the cloth.” “Ok, so here’s where they flay him.” “Here’s where they nail him, two more to go right?”. I mean… I know wat’s happening and why. But somehow.. I’m just indifferent to it.

And it scares me. Went there kinda expecting to be touched. Or at least shocked. Was kinda expecting to tear a lil. But. Zilch. Nil. Nothing. And that scares me. Have I become so unfeeling? Am I the cold blooded one now? What has happened to me? Maybe… I should cut down on my Happy Tree Friends.

I scare myself sometimes.

Bear.

Met bear before the movie. Popped over to Mango for a while. Sis wanted a pair of pants. Heh. Never realized how small Mei is until then. *Shakes head* Had dinner at Gusto. Nice place. Had seafood spaghetti, Bear had white clams spaghetti. Tried a bit of tiramisu too. Divine. Mei said she thought I’ll like it cause it has liquor in it.

Goodness. I think everybody thinks I’m a full-blown alcoholic by now. I’m not ok? I don’t drink that often ok? Just that when I do, I enjoy them tremendously. Period. End of discussion.

Baoz.

Saw Baoz dearest as we went up the escalator. Too bad she din hear us hollering across. Heh. Think it’s the long hair. Blocks out everything. Hahaha.

Note Of Appreciation

Thanks Fel! *Hugz* For asking us along so nice of you. Had a great time. Pity I couldn’t join you after the movie. Must send Mei home you see. Haha. Another time perhaps! THANKS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home