Wednesday, August 27, 2003

I'm Fine

To all the people who expressed their concern, I'm very grateful to you all. I'm fine now. Not entirely ok but definitely much better. Guess everything sorta got tamed and quelled inside, it's no longer boiling over , just simmering away peacefully. Guess something I saw on a website helped me feel better. Here it is,

"Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back! Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart but if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours."

You know, that really made me felt better. Really! I don't mean it in a sarcastic way. It made me realise that sometimes in life, there are some issues whereby you can do nothing about them. You'll just have to let them be. trust me, it's not easy.

I know.

Hmmm... So You're Saying You Just Let It Go And Give Up?

A dear friend wrote,
"How can you accept to be ín a relationship which you know might have no possibility? I mean it's just like an eventual breakup waiting to happen.. How can anyone want to have something like that. I mean dont you think it's not fair? Not fair to the other person, not fair to ourselves. Somehow we just shortchange both parties."

Hey, nothing's definite in this world sweetie. Especially when it comes to relationships, Ever heard of working toward a happy ending? Or try making it work? You can never tell for sure what's going to happen. Sure, sometimes speculations and projection into one's future have to be made, we all need some planning in our life but by worrying and running away from something that might not even happen? Isn't that teetering on hysteria and paranoia? It might seems to be a big issue now, but when it actually happens down the road, might not be so un-manageable you know. Differences can be work out, compromises can be made. Tolerance will smooth things over. These will come naturally in a serious relationship. Picking the least troublesome route is pure "escape-ism". There can never be smooth sailings relationships. If you get into one thinking that it will be an easier ride compared to others, it only mean that you're more likely to run away when things actually happen. And things always happen. Have faith, in yourself and others, things never work out especially if you already think they won't in the first place. It's the working together that seals a relationship, do you really want to settle for something custom made and foolproof? Wouldn't it be mechanical then?

I hope you see this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home