Monday, November 24, 2003

Buy Buy Buy

People who say money can’t buy happiness just don’t know where to shop…

Hectic…

Had a damn bestest weekend! Did so much! Went out with so many people! Let’s see… Friday! Friday I took half day off so that I could go to the Busker’s Festival at night. Haha, met up with Yushan and her friend, Zena. (Sorry, can only remember his nickname). Waited around a bit for Sam, she was a lil late. Anyway, the busker festival? It was alright only… The first one we saw? He was quite bad actually. Now the SECOND one was a totally different story. He was balding, he was friendly and he was funny! Hahaha guess the fact that he knows a little mandarin helps him with the crowd. Oh and his funky purple leotard! Haha He was good! Went on to Taka square too. Saw Tweety bird, Hello kitty and Barbie dancing to Twist and Shout by The Beatles. Kind of sick if you ask me. Imagine, we were there for the Busker Festival, ended up watching some people in animal suits. Hahaha.

Yea, had dinner at BK. Wanted to bring them to Dan Ryans, we walked there, but something unhappy and highly unnecessary happened. Basically, when we walked in, some Caucasians said hi to Sam and Yushan. Zena then held us back and we eventually left the place.

Not before he said, “Sorry, we are not coming in anymore. I don’t want any harassment suits.”

WAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ABOUT MAN?!?!?

Which century do you live in? what? You can’t socialize with Caucasians? Which mountain do you live on? Never went to a pub or bar have you? That was freakin uncalled for man. Can’t you just walk away? What was the last sentence for? Hey! People like me hang out there man… how the fuck do you expect me to show my face there again? Sheesh man. For Pete’s sake!

That aside, we left the place (rather unhappily I must add). Guess my face was rather black and pissed cause Zena tried to explain his stand. I can (grudgingly) see where he’s coming from but he was doing such a bad job of it that some “comments” about Caucasians came up. Trust me, if Sheila was there, she would have slapped his teeth out. AND I would have helped her. Really was teetering on the edge of exploding. Thank God I’m sane enough to tell myself it’s not very nice to beat up someone you’ve met for the very first time. In front of two ladies too.

Seriously, he already gave me a reason/reasons to… I just needed an excuse to and I’ll.

Headed to Guthrie House at Sixth Avenue for ice cream. Rather good ice cream I must add! Bought some home for mommy, perfect excuse to take a cab. God bless his soul should I have to take the bus with him all the way back to Jurong.

The evening was rather cool if not for his occasional attempts and remarks trying to link Yushan and me together. *rolls eyes* Notice it’s always other people making such remarks and ME who’s getting blamed for trying to use someone to get close to Yushan. Notice that I asked Sam to go prawning with me, and it’s HER who asked for HER friends to tag along. Notice I wasn’t expecting any other company and I didn’t pressure/force/coerce/hoax/con/threaten her into bringing friends along. Notice that it takes two to clap, I can’t talk to her for long if she has nothing to talk to me about. Notice that I actually took leave to spend the day with Sam. Have you no idea how hard it is to earn a day of leave? How many weekends I have to burn? How much shit work I have to do? How hard I have to grovel at my superior feet so that he could release me for the day? How much work will pile up for me the next day in my severely understaffed workplace?

Notice that I got slapped around a bit and got maligned for something that I wasn’t guilty of.

Now that’s something I can’t stand. Despite Sheila telling me online to relax and let it pass, I couldn’t. Despite Yifang and Ming who met up with me on Sat telling me to be forgiving like how a guy should be, and forget the issue, I couldn’t. Despite the chidings that Christine gave me today to forgive and forget, I couldn’t.

Not my fault that being maligned is one of my pet peeve.

“I hope you won’t use me to get close to Yushan like how you did with Christine….”

Can you believe that came out of her mouth? It sure was hurtful. Suddenly, all the fun stuff we did over the two years came back. And it was wrenching to think that for two years, all the times that I was sincerely concerned for her, they were viewed by her as that I have an ulterior motive behind my actions. So for two years, all the while, which I’ve chosen to see her as a friend, she has chosen to view me as a manipulative fiend who’s just using her.

I felt like crying there and then. But I didn’t. Maybe I should because I’m sorry….. Sorry that you couldn’t see beyond… Sorry you can’t accept that people are genuinely nice to you… Sorry that you are so untrusting and that you have to live this life constantly trying to second-guess others.

Our friendship will never be the same again, the damage has been done. Suddenly, my attempt at trying to explain myself that day seemed so foolish. Foolish enough to invite a

“That’s how I perceived it. There’s nothing you can do to change it…”

kind of reply out from you. How easily you shrugged it off. Does this friendship really mean nothing to you?

It’s like…. Why bother ?

Sim Lim Squares

Felt like a square walking around Sim Lim with Fang and Ming on Saturday. I’m no techno geek, hence I felt so overwhelmed and out of place. Went to look for mp3 players. So many there, but we still settled for Creative. So Creative warehouse sale? Here we come! Hahaha Ming left earlier to catch the rugby finals at home. So glad England won! Fang and I walked around bugis a little. Had lotsa food that day!

Towning With Peanut

Went out with Christine today. Her classmate’s bday’s coming up. So needed a guy’s views on some stuff. Hope I was of some help. Hahaha. She ended up buying two t-shirts from Topshop. Haha. Now I know what I’m going to get for myself next month! A sling bag from Project Blood Bros and a rusty looking t-shirt from Topman.

Haha Christ is a hardcore shopperholic man. She HAS to get stuff when she’s out. Bought two books for herself! Walked around Zara too. She was so disappointed that her fave skirt doesn’t have her size. You should have seen her sad face. Girls! Haha She gets excited shopping so much so she doesn’t look where she’s going. At timberland, she almost fell face flat into the rocks on the floor. Had to hold her back. Come to think of it. Been holding people back quite a bit. Held Sam back from on coming traffic on Friday (Though she most prob think my “ulterior” motive is just trying to get fresh or something). *shrug*

Sat over waffles and talked. About CS, about uni, about the current impasse with Sam, about boys, about girls. Haha.

Guess what she got me behind my back? Candy Cane! Ohmigosh! I was so shocked and elated! Hahaha super unexpected. Was grinning from ear to ear. Hahaha. I’m so useless, one candy cane was all it takes for her to “con” a “dark” secret out of me. Sssshhh! Don’t spread!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home